The Perfect Pair: Deep Plum Lips

Hey everyone! Bit of a long rant and flashback before we get to the nitty gritty.

The other day I was at the local chemist and I saw that Essence and Catrice were doing 50% off on some of their make up. I thought wow, that almost never happens. I later found out that some products are being discontinued to make way for even more products. Here is a video I found detailing what products might be nice to try before it goes. I love Siobhán (gotta love Irish bloggers) and I love reading her blog so head on over to LetzMakeupBlog.com when you have the chance. Her YouTube channel is also class, it's one of the reasons I bothered to go out and get the Revlon Colorstay foundation.
Anywho, I found out that Catrice was going to discontinue some lip products in August 2014; among those is a highly loved lipliner. *Flashback* As soon as I saw Kyle Jenner's photo on Instagram with her blue hair and those deep plum lips I went out to find a lipstick or liner that would look just as vampy. Lo and behold comes in Catrice LongLasting Lip Pencil in 110 Tom and Berry (ain't that a cute name?)
Long story short, a pretty deep plum colour that really is longwearing BUT  is hella dry! It made my lips so dry and yucky and flaky. I can see why they are discontinuing it. Eventually I came up with 2 other lip products that could counter the dryness and make it wearable while not really taking away from the deep tones of the liner. Tada 'The Perfect Pair(s)' is born!

During my search for the perfect vampy colour that Kyle had, I found Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Sloane's Plum. Turns out it was too red-plum on its own and since it was too emollient, it bled all over (eugh!). Bada bing bada boom. Harry meets Sally. Too wet meets too dry. Tom and Berry and Sloane. It's the perfect pairing (threesome technically) that brings out the lovely dark plum in the liner yet the moisturising qualities in the lipstick. Layering Sloan's Plum over Tom and Berry: BEAUTIFUL!! This is a beautiful creme finish version of Jenner's deep plum lips that doesn't feather. But wait, I also have a matte alternative.
Left: Rimmel's Sloane's Plum
Middle: Catrice's Tom and Berry
Right: Revlon's Sultry
Revlon's Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry. This wasn't meant to be a dupe but rather a berry shade to have in my collection. As I experimented with the two, I realised again that these two products complimented each other. Both the liner and 'balm' are matte but Revlon wins out in being more moisturising. How I would wear it is lining and filling the lips with Tom and Berry and then putting some Sultry on the centre of the lips to add more volume and dimension. It adds a touch of pink and creates and ombre effect. A matte and more pinkified version.

I hope you enjoyed reading that. Please tell me what you think. Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Until we blog again,
P


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice: All Round Concealer Palette Review and Swatches

IsaDora Graffiti Nail Topcoat: All City Brown

NYX Lipliner Pencil: Pale Pink