Barry M Matte Nail Paint: Rhossili

Hi everyone! Hope you're keeping well! Today I have for you one of Barry M's recent nail polish release. They've put out more matte colours on top of the neutral tones they released a while back. I was very excited when I saw them and I got Rhossili. They're all named after different cities and I think this one is named after a village in Wales. Or Rhossili Bay?
2 coats
As you can see it's a fuchsia pink(almost magenta) with a satin finish. It's more deeper and slightly muted in real life but purples are notoriously hard to capture. Not quite matte but definitely not glossy. I like the finish quite a bit because it's not too flat and you could work with it either way: you could add a gloss top coat or make it a true matte with a matte top coat.
The formula is on the thicker side, but it glides on very well. It dries reasonably quick within 15 mins from application. Not solid dry but get-on-about-your-business-without-worrying dry. Oh and this costs €5.99 at the local Boots. They also released a matte top coat (€4.99) which I might pick up since my Essence one is nearly out. They always have some sorta deal on so you could get these either when the 2 for €10 or the 3 for 2 offers is going on. 
Like I said it's a satin finish but as you can see in this photo it's almost got a 'leather' kind of matte effect. Or maybe it's just me. I've always looked for these kind of mattes, but anything labelled 'leather effect' is usually a textured nail polish. I'm not quite ready to get into the nitty gritty of those types of polishes (har har, get it?). 
I like this nail polish and I might pick up the blue or the teal colour next . What do you think about matte nail polishes? Do you like that more affordable brands are coming out with matte polishes and top coats? Or d'you think they are sooo 2009? Do let me know. Have a wonderful day!

Until we blog again,
P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice: All Round Concealer Palette Review and Swatches

IsaDora Graffiti Nail Topcoat: All City Brown

NYX Lipliner Pencil: Pale Pink