Sleek i-Divine Palette- Bad Girl Swatches *Pic Heavy*

Hello everyone! I hope you're keeping well, I'm super excited today because I have....
I have since lost the cardboard sleeve... 
Yay!! My own Sleek palette. I had ordered this off of Boots.ie and collected it in store. I had seen swatches of this palette online and I knew I had to have it. Weirdly enough, this palette retails for nearly half the price of the other Sleek palettes at €5.49 (online only perhaps?). Steal!
As you can see in the pic above that the palette is very....compact (resist the urge to say sleek!!). And on the back it has the palette name. I like it; the logo is unobtrusive and minimalistic. It's also designed very well. The closure is very strong (guess who struggled to open it?) yet the palette is very light and I imagine it would be very easy to travel with this. With that being said I thought I had lost it when in fact it was just standing up against the side of my drawer and I didn't notice it. D'oh!

I really wanted the photos to be without flash in natural lighting but since this palette is full of jewel tones and blues and purples are notoriously hard to capture, excuse the flash. This is the best picture that captures the colours. The plastic covering has all the names and once I tossed it out I had no idea which one is which. I wish the names were on the back or somewhere on the palette.
Since this post is chock-full of photos join me after the jump for le swatches! 

Innocence
Innocence
Shimmery warm white. So-so payoff.


Gullible
Gullible
Shimmery cool beige. I like this shade on the lids but it can seem very OTT if I pack it on.

Blade
Blade
Mid tone shimmery silver (we're getting to the mattes soon). The payoff is excellent. This is one swatch only.

L: Blade R: Gunmetal
Gunmetal
I really like these names! I swatched these two beside eachother because they had looked very similar in the pans. Gunmetal is darker and the shimmer particles are more finer. It also has fabulous pigmentation much like its lighter sister.


Underground
Underground
Matte (whew finally!) dark charcoal with some glitter particles which gives a satin finish on the skin. Ok payoff.

Noir
Noir
True matte black. Not the deepest black there is and the formula is quite dry and stiff. This doesn't do it for me.

Intoxicated
Intoxicated
Shimmery dark teal-leaning-green colour. I love this colour. So pretty and I'm reminded of mermaids when I see a colour such as this. Great pigmentation.


Envy
Envy
As you can see Envy is in the same family as Intoxicated only darker. Looks dark grey in the pan though, very odd. Again very good payoff.

Obnoxious
Obnoxious
Comes across as a satin blurple (blue purple) on the pan but leans more blue on the skin. Very pigmented. Do be careful, this and the next colour will STAIN your skin. My arm had green marks on them after I cleaned up.

Abyss (big ass swatch)
Abyss
Matte navy blue with glitter particles that don't show up on the skin. Like I said, it stained my skin. Both this and Obnoxious both have the same cerulean blue undertone but they're different enough to each other.

Twilight
Twilight with flash
Twilight
Hands down my favourite colour! It's this beautiful cool satin/shimmery purple indigo that I adore (so many of my nail polishes are in the same colour family)! The swatch in natural Irish cloudy lighting didn't do it as much justice as the photo with flash. Excellent colour payoff.

Rebel
Rebel
True matte burgundy wine. Second to none payoff and is a dream to apply.

That's the palette swatched! I really liked palette; this is my first transition into the super dark and super sultry eyeshadows and it definitely fits the criteria. But I have some problems with it; the formula was very inconsistent going from one colour to the next. Noir and Rebel are both mattes but Rebel outperformed Noir by a long haul. The majority of the shimmery shades applied excellently but I found it hard to work with Innocence. It wasn't as buttery smooth as the others. Some shadows had fallout, some didn't, not that that I ever really mind anyways. And the lack of some matte neutral/lid shades can bother some people and it means that you'd have to bring in some other eyeshadow/palette to complete a look. The palette mainly has mid toned hues to some dark colours. That's what I asked for and I received.
I can't imagine using it everyday but I will use it. I'd really like to try some of the other palettes(Vintage Romance, I'm looking at you!). Some issues that I have with this palette can be overlooked since it was a steal at €5.49 when I got it. And the retail price is €9.99. So less than a €/eyeshadow.  Any opinions on this palette or the Sleek palettes in general?
Thanks for sticking around for this post. Have a lovely day and stay well!

Until we blog again,
P  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice: All Round Concealer Palette Review and Swatches

IsaDora Graffiti Nail Topcoat: All City Brown

NYX Lipliner Pencil: Pale Pink