Nivea Daily Essentials BB Cream 5in1 Beautifying(!) Moisturiser Review and Swatch

Firstly, I am having a great day today; I hope you are too! And secondly, what a name! I simply hate long winded product names. But here it is, the Nivea Daily Essentials BB Cream 5in1 Beautifying Moisturiser in Light. *gasp, pant, wheeze*

As you can see, it promises to even, cover, illuminate, blah blah, your skin. Let me just say this was an impulse buy in the local chemist after my moisturizer ran out. I shelled out €8.49 for it and was really excited because it was my first BB Cream. It's not a BB Cream, it's a glorified moisturizer. Whose head is full of hot air. Right off the bat I must warn you not to buy this if you are fair skin toned. It works for tanned skin and wouldn't be suited to the fairly light Irish complexion. Unless you'd like the Oompa Loompa effect. It's really warm/orange toned. I can't imagine any light beauties using this.
See? It sheers out to give an almost fake tan result on me. If this is light then I'm lighter than light. I can make it work and just barely work if I sheer it out even further and make a little product go a long (long) way.
But I can still see that orangey cast and whenever I put it on my face I have to blend it down to my neck. Sure, you have to do that anyway with a moisturizer because your neck also needs a bit of love. However, it's ridiculous to have to do that because it's so orange. I must sound like a broken record. Let's play a game where you take a swig whenever I mention the word orange in this post. I just expected more from Nivea. I've used their regular moisturizers before and they work beautifully.

Like I said, it's a glorified tinted moisturizer. It works exactly the same as their regular moisturizer except it has light to almost medium coverage. It doesn't even my skintone, it doesn't make my light/dark areas uniform. Not really a BB Cream. Or more accurately it doesn't live up to my expectation of the Korean BB creams that I've read great reviews on. And I think Nivea knows that as well because they contradict themselves on the packaging: 'provides a matte effect' and 'illuminates complexion, boosting skin's natural glow'. It's not a bad product should you fall perfectly into their standard of 'light' or 'medium to dark', or if you're willing to make it work. It's not a rave-worthy product either. I will continue to use as I can barely pull it off during the summer months (I burn easily). What do you think of it? Have you tried BB creams before and have you found your perfect one yet? Or do you stray away from the concept? Please tell me and leave a comment. Thank you very much for reading, I hope you have a lovely day; it's terribly sunny here so I might go out gallavanting! See you!

Until we blog again,
P

Comments

  1. Wow, that is very disappointing! I usually like Nivea products and was excited to see this review. Thanks for saving me time and money! I hate orange looking makeup!!! (take another drink... I said orange! haha)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
Much love, you can post whatever you like, just not spam

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice: All Round Concealer Palette Review and Swatches

IsaDora Graffiti Nail Topcoat: All City Brown

NYX Lipliner Pencil: Pale Pink