Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter:Creme Brulee & Cotton Candy


Ciao Bella!! I remember saying that to my half Italian friend in primary school. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and the nice-ish weather. We're getting an unusual amount of sunny weather in Ireland to say the least. :)
So, the infamous Lip Butters are finally here!! I was stalking Boots for 3 weeks looking for these puppies and when I found them, most were gone!! But they seem to be part of the core line now. I would suggest that if you want to get the ones you want, wait 'till the excitement has died down and swoop in for the kill. They are going for €11.18 here in Boots and various chemists

Review to come.... Keep reading :)

Left:Creme Brulee Right:Cotton Candy
What is a Lip Butter?
Lip 'butters' are new to the market. It seems to be the hybrid (love using that word...) between lip balm and lipstick. Colour as well as moisturisation. Products have popped up that seem to meet this criteria eg. L'Oreal Rouge Caresse or it might be called Color Riche Balm(?) in the states, and Dior Addict (Be Iconic) Lipstick. You might disagree, but me thinks they're on the same line.

These are the real deal. I have used both of mine in the past week and they are really moisturising. On Revlon's site they claim to boost moisture by '156%' if I'm not mistaken. In my opinion, that's a huge claim, but I've found that my lips are more hydrated and none of that skin peeling off (ew, gross I know) business has occured. And they promise 'sheer to medium colour'. I think that these are uber pigmented for what they are. Depending on you, you have a choice of a sheer wash of colour or if you're like me, amp it up for something more noticeable. Some are more pigmented eg. Candy Apple, Tutti Frutti and Raspberry Pie (Tester analysis)

The texture is in fact quite similar to butter or maybe it's suggestive thinking. Almost balmy like but much better for your lips. The packaging is so-so for me. It's very 'springy' but looks a bit cheap and plastic-y. But that being said, we care more about what the product does and not how it looks. Never judge a book by its cover, right?

Creme Brulee is a nude, tan colour and makes me look like a zombie if I go full throttle. Reminds me of Kim Kardashian and her nude lips and smoky eye. So purdy, but not for me so I like a sheer wash of this colour.
Cotton Candy on the other hand is a Barbie pink colour that isn't too overbearing and has a gold shimmer. Really gorgeous and would suit a lot of people I think. No swatches sorry!

Overall I really like these and would reccomend you get it if your verdict is on the see-saw now. They really do moisturise and give a good colour pay-off. I'ma try and get Peach Parfait and Sweet Tart and Strawberry Shortcake and Raspberry Pie... Aww heck I want all of them! 

Thanks for reading. Leave us a comment and tell me what you think of these. Have a nice day!

Until we blog again,
xxx

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice: All Round Concealer Palette Review and Swatches

IsaDora Graffiti Nail Topcoat: All City Brown

NYX Lipliner Pencil: Pale Pink