Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio in Violet Romantic

This is a first in't it? Hope you're all having fun lately! It's not like me to buy much makeup (do polishes count?), but lately I've been purchasing lipglosses and eyeliners like mad. And as it seems all that spending has spilled over into eyeshadows. 
Violet Romantic is a purple smoky eye set. There are about 10 or so sets, I think. It contains three baked eyeshadows, one dark, medium and light. As you can see, there is also a double ended sponge applicator included but I don't like to use it because it's so pretty and white. Heh.
First makeup swatches, yeah!
Well, there's my arm for you. The first shade is a dark matte royal purple. The second is the medium shade; it's a pearl lilac colour. And the third shade is a pearl off-white for highlighting the brow bone (I think, what else do you use it for if not highlighting?).
If you were to apply it with your fingers, you need a bit of elbow grease, but with a brush it's fine. It's not as pigmented as the Little Round Pot eyeshadows, but still workable.
At the back/bottom of the casing, there are instructions for your smoky eye. I say most eyeshadow sets have these. There are however, no ingredients. Not even a peel back. That bothers me a tad. I can get really anal if a product contains parabens. It's not the end of the world or anything, it makes me more reluctant to buy it, if you catch my drift. I saw on the Bourjois stand at Boots had a booklet listing ingredients and to my knowledge it doesn't contain any parabens. Phew! 

Overall, I this smoky eye set is ok for a drugstore brand. I wish it was more pigmented. The packaging is really cute but not ergonomic (Its seems as if the ratio is more packaging is to eyeshadow) and the instructions on the back kinda kills it. Even the click when you close it sounds too plastic.  It cost about €11 in Boots and €9,90 for me because of my student card. Hells yeah! Thanks so much for reading, have a nice day!

Until we blog again,
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice: All Round Concealer Palette Review and Swatches

IsaDora Graffiti Nail Topcoat: All City Brown

NYX Lipliner Pencil: Pale Pink