My First Swatches: O.P.I's Moon Over Mumbai; Done Out In Deco; and Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees!

Yay!!! My first swatches!!! I got a Sony camera and I thought 'I am totally going to swatch now!' (Random thought: swatch is a funny word!) But anyhow, yeah I'm going to do swatches now!! OPEN FOR BUSINESS or something like that.... Opinions and crazy rants first then pics. Hehe!!!

My first swatch-adoodle...
What is a swatch-adoodle you ask? A normal swatch but with a '-adoodle' at the end of it, think of it like a suffix. Why swatch-adoodle? 'Cos I can!!! Yeah!!! Freedom of speech!!!
Let me present to you Moon Over Mumbai from the India Collection 2008(?)!!!
It was my first ever O.P.I nail polish..... Ah, memories!!
It is sheer with a bit of shimmer if you look closely enough. Hehe funny thing, first time I put it on I thought it was suppose to be opaque so I kept packin' it on until I virtually dead. But it is sheer though but opacity is achieved at 3/4th coat. I usually use it in French Manicures instead of pink...
Formula was A.W.E.S.O.M.E, went on like butter. and that brush came in handy too! Not to wide yet not too thin. See O.P.I Virgin; opinions haven't changed since then.
See my ring finger (which shall be henceforth known as Mr. Bigglesworth; kidding let's call it ringie) I loved the leopard prints so much I couldn't bear to take it off after each swatch!! I don't care if it is bad or not I LOVE IT!!!



3 coats
 
Second swatch-adoodle...
Done Out In Deco from the South Beach Collection 2009 is a lilac leaning on light purple in my opinion. I was never that colour-co-ordinated. I love the colour it's purdy!! Formula again awsome, and it uses the Pro-Wide Brush, as the other 2 nail polish in this post, which gave me even coverage and a thinner coat which is great as it dries quicker!! Went opaque in 1 coat but 2 coats for maximum colour payoff! Yay go O.P.I!! Forgot to say all laquers in this post was used to create the leopard prints! D.O.in.D was the base colour M.over.M was used to do the spots and Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees, which is next, was used to roughly border the spots.



2 coats
Third swatch-adoodle in this post...
Suzi Skies In The Pyrenees from the Spanish Collection 2009 looks like pure black to me... or maybe dark navy mixed with 2 drops of black? Wait don't that make black?? But um... onwards!!! Went on sheer and unevenly with the first but opaque in 3 coats but doesn't that always happen with dark colours...It'll be great for Hallowe'en or wacky French manicure.



3 coats


And the grand finale(drum rolls).....
Here the 3 of them are again....only MATTE!!! With Rimmel's Lycra Pro Matte Finish





 







And I forgot to mention (like I always do) all 3 laquers are the Big 3 Free!! No DBP, Formaldehyde or Toluene but it does contain formaldehyde resin but I personally don't worry about for some unknown reason...

Until we blog again,
xxx


ps. I need to do something about my cuticles!! And sorry if the photos were CRAP!! 


EDIT: If you read this (chances are, you did(!)) Check out my new swatches, don't like nails back then.


Moon Over Mumbai
Done Out in Deco
Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice: All Round Concealer Palette Review and Swatches

IsaDora Graffiti Nail Topcoat: All City Brown

NYX Lipliner Pencil: Pale Pink